OC Rocket: A Fun Boat Excursion at Ocean City, Maryland
We love going to Ocean City (and it’s not because of all the people that like going there too). There is so much to do as a family at that beach. One of our go to’s besides the Assateague Island excursion (that I wrote about before), is the OC Rocket.
We’ve gone there probably four times in the last five years and we’ve seen dolphins every time that we have gone! All the staff is really friendly and do whatever they can to please their passengers such as taking pictures with your camera.
Basically, you board at one of their times listed on their site and cruise along Ocean City’s Beach. If I recall correctly, it lasted about 45 minutes. I would say to get there 30 minutes early, just so you can get a better waterside seat on the boat.
Overall, it isn’t that bad for an excursion at the beach. It is $17 for an adult, children 5-12 $8, seniors 65+ $12 and 4 and under are free! Make sure you print your coupon, or get it from one of the OC coupon books that they have everywhere! This is only if you do the 10 am or 5 pm departure.
A Few Tips
- You will get a little wet, wear appropriate clothing!
- If you get motion sickness, take dramamine before! Our 2 year old threw up. It’s nothing new to us and we are used to it (she has it bad), but be sure to prepare yourself.
- Feel free to drive there, they give you free parking!
- Go early!
- There are some awesome bay restaurants right around boarding. They are great to hit up before or after the boat ride.
- You can buy a picture that they take before boarding, they are a little pricey, so maybe just get them to take a few pictures on the boat. Tip them!
Ocean City, Maryland really is a fun place to visit especially if you have kids. I would highly recommend it!